Here is a list of things that I use on retreats in order to evaluate how well I am doing. These are not in order of importance, but focus on a range of areas where I need to be growing in my life and ministry.
1. Do you have a confirmed, long-term vision? (This is something Jesus has shown you to do and has confirmed, not just something you have decided to do on your own, hoping He blesses it.)
2. Do you know what short-term steps are needed to fulfill your long-term vision?
3. Does your vision include what you will become, as well as what you will do?
4. Do you read the Bible and meditate on it in a disciplined way that speaks to you as a person, not just for what you need for the pulpit?
5. Do you sense the presence of the Lord in prayer?
6. When was the last time you heard His voice just for your own spiritual life?